Breastfeeding is the greatest gift that you
can give your baby
Human milk is best suited to the unique digestive
system of the baby.
Breast milk provides optimal nutrition for growth
and neurological development; to the extent that
breastfed babies have significantly higher IQ levels
than bottle fed infants.
Breastfeeding protects against diarrhea, gastroenteritis, upper respiratory tract infections, allergies, ear infections, and has been associated with an improved survival rate throughout the first year of life.
- Formula fed infants are 5 times more likely to be hospitalized in the first year of life than breastfed babies.
- There is a reduced risk of diabetes, SIDS, meningitis, childhood cancers and ulcerative colitis in breastfed babies.
- The risk of heart disease is also significantly reduced in breastfed babies.
- Antibodies in colostrum protect the baby against many viruses and bacteria.
- Bone mineral density is increased in breastfed babies and there is some protection against severe liver disease.
Benefits For You:
- Breastfeeding results in greater weight loss, and a quicker return to your pre-pregnancy weight and shape.
- Decreased risk of post menopausal breast and ovarian cancer.
- Reduced incidence of anemia and urinary tract infections.
- Breastfeeding offers protection against osteoporosis in later
By sharing this wonderful and unique relationship with your baby, bonding and emotional
well being of both you and your baby is enhanced.